Pray for the end of the pandemic.
- As the pandemic and lockdowns around the country continue, many Americans are struggling. Pray that our leaders pursue policies that fight the virus without doing additional harm to businesses and families.
- Psalm 103:2-4 – “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,”
Pray for honest media reporting and discernment among Believers and others.
- Pray that the news media would accurately report the news and not sensationalize stories, report half-truths, willfully mislead, or stoke fear. Pray for discernment for those who listen to the news.
- Proverbs 4:24 – “Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.”
- Proverbs 12:22 – “Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.”
Pray for Bible-believing Americans to be actively engaged in influencing culture and society.
- At the start of a new administration, there are a flurry of executive orders and policy changes that can be difficult to track. But Christian citizens must be engaged in order to stand for faith, family, and freedom.
- 1 John 3:18 – “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
Pray for the churches.
- Pray that churches and their leaders would be rooted in Scripture, love and serve their neighbors and communities, and disciple one another to grow deeper in our Christian faith.
- Hebrews 10:24 – “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”
Pray for Christians in positions of authority to stand boldly for truth.
- There is tremendous pressure on those in authority to make decisions that are expedient and that capitulate to the demands of the moment. Pray that leaders in all industries would carefully consider the repercussions of their decisions and boldly stand for justice, truth, and liberty.
- Ephesians 6:13 – “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.”
- Joshua 1:9 – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
Pray for a return to truth so that we might have peace and unity in our nation.
- There is a desire and need for unity in our nation, but the only firm foundation for unity is the truth. Pray that Americans will return to a place where we can have civil discourse in our society over our policy and political differences.
- Romans 12:18 – “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.”
Pray for human dignity and life to be protected.
- With a pro-abortion presidency, efforts to protect unborn children are more difficult. Pray for courage and endurance in the fight to end abortion. Also, pray that human dignity is honored and protected in our laws.
- Psalm 34:14 – “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”
Pray for wise counsel for our president and everyone in the new administration.
- Bad counsel corrupts leaders, and we must pray that our new President, Vice President, and their staffs offer and receive wise, sound, and honorable counsel as they make decisions that will affect the entire country.
- Proverbs 12:15 – “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.”
- Proverbs 11:14 – “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.”
Pray that our founding ideals, principles, and values, as embodied in our founding documents, will be respected and preserved.
- The Declaration of Independence casts a vision for the United States that includes the ability to pursue “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” Pray that these values and principles are protected—not redefined, pushed aside, or trampled.
- Proverbs 22:28 – “Do not move the ancient landmark that your fathers have set.”
Pray for judges.
- There are hundreds of judges who decide cases each day that affect our rights and liberties. Pray that their decisions honor the Lord and are marked with truth and integrity.
- Deuteronomy 16:10 – “You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous.”
Pray for humility and gratitude.
- In God’s kindness, America has experienced unprecedented levels of prosperity throughout her history. Unfortunately, a sense of entitlement now pervades our nation. Pray for a spirit of humility and that Americas would be grateful for God’s rich blessings.
- James 1:17 – “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
- 1 Peter 5:6 – “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.”
Pray for the advance of the gospel.
- Our nation needs a spiritual awakening. Pray for the spread of the Good News of Jesus Christ and that Christians would have boldness as they share the message of God’s grace and love for the world.
- Matthew 28:19-20 – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”